- About WFS
- Our Team
- Contact Us
- Client Login
Why Choose WFS
- Our commitment to remain an independent firm so our recommendations are unbiased and objective. We have no allegiance or obligation to any bank, investment firm, or insurance company. We have the freedom and ability to research all investments and investment managers to create a diversified portfolio that is tailored to your individual needs, objectives, and concerns.
- WFS is Fee-Only. The only fees we earn come directly from the client. We do not sell investments or insurance policies. We do not receive commissions, rebates, awards, finder’s fees, bonuses, revenue sharing or other forms of compensation from others as a result of a client’s implementation of our recommendations. Our obligation and allegiance is only to the client.
- You will work with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER ™, Professional. A CFP® Professional has taken the oath and is ethically required to always act as a Fiduciary, meaning to act in the best interest of the client. The CFP® certificate is a financial planning credential awarded by the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER Board of Standards, Inc. to individuals who meet education, examination, experience, ethics, and continuing education requirements. A CFP® professional has proven competence in all areas of the financial planning process, including financial statement preparation and analysis, investment planning, income tax planning, education planning, risk management, retirement planning and estate planning.
- There are two different standards of care in the financial industry. As a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA), we are legally required to uphold the Fiduciary Standard of Care. Brokers, registered representatives, or others that call themselves financial consultants, wealth managers etc., are only required to uphold a lower standard of care called “suitability”. Instead, they pass licensing exams that permit them to sell certain products which may be suitable but not necessarily the best or most cost-effective for the client. They also are not required to disclose conflicts of interests or compensation.
- As a Registered Investment Advisor (RIA) we are required to provide full disclosure and transparency in ADV Part 2A and Part 2B brochures which can be downloaded from this website. The ADV forms explain our services, compensation, investment methods, disciplinary actions (there have never been any), Advisor’s qualifications, etc.
- We provide Wealth Management, which combines comprehensive, on-going holistic financial planning with investment management. The client chooses whether the investments are managed on a discretionary or non-discretionary basis. Clients usually receive quarterly reviews and follow-up letters summarizing what was discussed, recommendations, and next steps.
- Risk, tax, and cost efficient investing. Client portfolios are customized to the client’s goals, objectives, time horizon, and risk tolerance. We provide tax efficient investing and minimize trading to lower costs. All portfolios are periodically rebalanced to insure that the portfolio matches the investment guidelines and agreed upon portfolio model specific to that client.
- Competitive fee schedule. Financial planning services follow an hourly fee structure that is competitive with our peers. Our advisory fees for Wealth Management are based on assets under management and are below our peers according to a Financial Advisor Insights Study. Please refer to the ADV brochure or the FAQ section of this website #6, for detailed information about the fees.
How We Can Help
No financial plan
Risks are not managed
Need to simplify and organize
Paying excessive taxes
Estate planning overlooked
Peace of mind
Retirement planning set
Trusted Advisor relationship
Tax/Cost efficient investment portfolio
Accomplished goals and objectives
Estate planning addressed
Insurance needs evaluated